2 cups white sugar (regular sugar)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans or nuts of your choice, chopped
- Combine sugar, water, corn syrup and salt in a glass casserole dish.
- Cover with saran wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and take off saran wrap.
- Stir well and return to microwave uncovered.
- Cook on high for another 4 to 5 minutes until reaches hard ball stage when a little is dropped in cold water.
- Remove and cool about 4 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until stiff with mixer.
- Pour sugar mixture over egg whites beating constantly with mixer until mixture starts to lose its gloss and holds together. About 4 or 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto wax paper. Makes about 25 pieces depending on size you make them. Enjoy!
Shared by Roma Milton. Many thanks to: http://thesouthernladycooks.com/2012/12/05/easy-christmas-divinity/